Monday, June 28, 2010

Oh Brett...

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding Brett. She obviously has some feelings for Jake. She visits him at home and is always flirting with him and such. But she also flirts with many other men. She appears to enjoy drinking and dancing with every man with a pulse. I had grown okay with that until I heard that she was engaged. Seriously, Mike?? I do believe that if my fiance "kissed standing at the door" (71) with some fellow that wasn't me, I wouldn't be with her much longer. I haven't heard anything about her having a lot of money, so Mike must be as desperate as can be. But I guess this isn't somewhere I should be poking my nose. Brett isn't going to change her ways, and Mike isn't going anywhere. And I am pretty impressed by how all of these people can cheat on each other left and right and still be best buds. They go out drinking at least twice daily, and seem to have no significant issues with each other. Those are either some very strong friendships, or some very oblivious boyfriends.
I really did think that at this point I would have found a plot of some sort. Mr. Hemingway has yet to make a plot obvious and it is starting to annoy me. I understand that this novel is a classic and all, but I really don't know how people have enjoyed this. I'm just hoping that this plot awakes from its slumber soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment