Thursday, December 2, 2010

You're Ugly, Too.

This story was very interesting for me. I'm trying to decide if I like Zoe or not. In some ways she is a lot like me. She seems not to have a filter on what she says. Any person knows not to mention death when a guy asks what you think about love, but she obviously thinks that's okay. In some ways, she is a sympathetic character. She does not seem to communicate with people very well, making the reader feel sorry for her, but I can also see her as an unlikeable character, due to her choice of words. The way she speaks almost makes her seem stuck up, because she has no concern for what she says.
I am officially going to say that I like Zoe. She seems to be a very sincere character. She says what she means and does not try to put on an act for anyone. I also think that the last line makes her seem a little womanly. She finally cares about what the guys thinks of her. When she begins to think about how she looks, the reader finally sees that she does like this guy. It adds a new perspective to her character.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if she thinks it's ok to be so blunt, as much as she doesn't always realize how her bluntness affects others.

    ReplyDelete