Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Everyday Use?!?!

Okay so I'm not sure that I really understood this one. First off, I don't know why a woman would change her name from something semi-normal, Dee, to something like Wangero. I understand that she is being cultural, but that's just crazy. I also would like to point out the fact that it appears that this cultural change is an act. It is too extreme to be real.
Also, I think that the last paragraph is odd. The women seem so civil and proper throughout the story, then they suddenly whip out the snuff. It does make them seem like they are comfortable with each other, but couldn't it be something like lemonade or Popsicles? I just don't like the choice of common ground. Either way, I'm just not a fan of this one. I've definitely read better.

No comments:

Post a Comment