Monday, November 1, 2010

How embarrassing.

So after reading the questions at the end of "A Rose for Emily," I got the impression that the ending was supposed to be a big surprise. As I mentioned in my previous blog, I saw details throughout the story that made it pretty obvious. As soon as I read that her house smelled of nastiness, I knew that her dad's corpse was in there. Maybe it is because I have watched crime shows in the past that have had a similar ending, but I was not surprised by the ending. It also could have been because I was told it was creepy. One part of it that did creep me out a bit was the fact that the people were creeping around her house after she died. I don't understand why everyone was so interested in the creepy lady's life. Just let her be.
I would like to mention, however, that the author of this story was messed up. Who writes a story about that?!?! Of all the things a person could write about, why would they pick that. Oh well. It made for a good AP Lit read. I'm also sure that he did get the tone across that he wanted. It is definitely one of the a story with a creepy tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment