Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The path was worn, all right.

This story is pretty weird. At first, I thought that I was reading about a walk in the park. Most of it involves Phoenix's walk, but it is more the stops that matter. She continuously stops and talks to people that are not there, which makes me wonder if this story even happened. I wonder if the man that she talks to that seems to be real isn't just another product of her imagination. It is obvious that the scarecrow and the ghost aren't real, but is it possible that the man and the medicine stop didn't happen either? I guess we will never know.
I also want to discuss the issue of her grandson. The final question hints at this, but I'm gonna say some stuff about it too. The reader does not know if the grandson is alive or not, but it doesn't really matter. All that matters is that Phoenix's life focuses around helping him. He is what keeps her going, and that is what we must focus on. The issue of his existence isn't a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment