Wednesday, January 26, 2011

IV......not arm style.

This play just keeps getting better and better. Iago is a genius. He just continues to amaze me. My favorite aspect of this play is that he is managing to turn everyone against each other. He uses the weaknesses of everyone to his advantage. Emilia is very eager to please, so he uses her to get the things he needs and talk to Desdemona. Othello gets angry easily, so he toys with his mind to get him angry at Cassio and Desdemona. Cassio is very friendly to women, which makes him the perfect target to frame. Roderigo lusts for Desdemona, so he just uses him to get money and convinces him to get Cassio out of the way. I feel that the downfall of Iago's plan is going to come from Roderigo. He places a pretty big role with him, and Roderigo has shown signs of being very weak. I don't believe that he can handle the task of killing Cassio. I think the plan will fall apart due to Roderigo.

No comments:

Post a Comment