Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Very nice.

This play is one that I actually like. The first thing that I like is that it isn't written by Bill. I can actually understand what is being said. But besides that, it does have some great qualities that I love. I love that it is told as a memory. Much like The Things The Carried, the memory aspect of the play makes it more believable. The audience can relate to the relationships that Tom has with his family and how he can look back on them and see how they affected him. Tom is another reason that I like this play. I have never read a play in which a main character narrates the play. I would love to see this play live, because I am interested in how this would look on stage. I also like that the author pays such close attention to details in the stage directions. It makes the play much more real when it is being read. I can actually see what is happening and paint a realistic image in my head of what the stage is like. The stage directions not only help the audience understand what is happening, but it keeps the meaning of the play consistent. This is just an awesome play.
Boo Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment