Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A couple french fries short of a Happy Meal....

"I beheld the wretch- the miserable monster whom I had created" (35). This is an extremely ironic statement. Frankenstein was so excited about this creation. He worked so hard on it, and finding how to make life was his dream. He had given up everything he had for this project, and he hates it as soon as he is finished. I really expected him to think through the consequences of making a monster, but apparently he didn't expect it to happen. Another ironic thing is that he keeps talking about how ugly it is, but nothing changed from when the body parts weren't all connected. It looks the same as before, but he sees it in a different light. I kind of wish that his skin was green. It really kills everything that I thought I knew about the world. I don't know what to believe anymore. This book turned my world upside down.

No comments:

Post a Comment