Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hmm...

"Listen to me; and then, if you can, and if you will, destroy the work of your hands" (69). Well this story really took a turn. I think that Mary Shelley is pretty crazy for making a monster talk to his enemy. That's not something that most people are used to. However, I love that the monster isn't just a monster. He is a person. He gets mad that Frankenstein leaves him, and that since of abandonment is a human emotion. I love the twist that this book puts on the ghost story. How often do the monster and the man afraid of him sit down for coffee in a cage? That's some good stuff. Also, I like that Frankenstein is willing to do that. It shows that this is a very complex story. The people actually have feelings, even the monster. Crazy stuff.

1 comment:

  1. you're openly admitting that you like a piece of literature? I think I'm gonna cry.

    ReplyDelete