Wednesday, April 13, 2011

This guy.

"My affection for my guest increases every day" (11). This is some definite characterization. It shows the true passion that Walton possesses. He really likes this guy and feels that he is the friend he needs. Beyond that, however, it shows us that he feels as if he can relate to Frankenstein. He likes him ,because he is a lot like him. This is where the true connection between the two is made. They begin to see how much their stories are alike. At this point, Walton knows his story, and that is why he likes him so much. It shows us that the story that the reader is about to read is one that Walton would like. That kind of scares me, because Walton is a depressing guy. I would also like to state that I am slightly uncomfortable whenever I read something that Walton has written. He is way too close to his guy friends and his sister. He just needs to tone down his word choice a little bit. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment