Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bright Star.

The poem "Bright Star" has some odd imagery in it. The speaker wants to be like the star in that it can see everything and is alive eternally, but he also has reasons that he doesn't want to be like the star. He realizes that the star is alone and that is not what he wants. The speaker wants to be with his love forever, which describes his motivations for wanting to be like the star. In my opinion, I wouldn't want to be like that star. I don't think that being alive forever sounds that good.
I also think that the image of a star laying next to some pretty woman is a funny one. I personally think that the speaker needs to focus more attention on his love and less attention on being a star. Despite that, the poem does have some good imagery and use of apostrophe.

1 comment: