Wednesday, September 29, 2010

This isn't a play.....

My mistress' eyes is one of the few that actually make sense this week. The tone makes a hard shift towards the end. It starts as almost a negative tone towards his lover. He says everything that is better than her. It sounds like he is just bashing her for no reason. He then gets to the point of the poem. He switches to a loving tone that says that he loves her despite all of the things he mentioned.
I think that this is a really true poem that has a timeless message. Most people have friends or girlfriends or parents that they get mad at sometimes, but love them despite that. Shakespeare writes about a topic that is easy to relate to. I know I have felt that tone shift and I'm sure most people are in that boat with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment