Thursday, September 16, 2010

She is miffed....miffed off.

The poem "February" has a rather odd tone. The closest word I could come up with was miffed. I could picture her yelling the entire poem at her cat in a very angry way. The poet shows a sinister attitude towards the cat, men, and all people in love on Valentine's Day. She seems to be angry throughout the entire poem, but it's not a crazy, mad angry, it's more of a sarcastic angry. If the tone was mad, the reader would feel that same anger, but I don't; I laughed when I read it. That is why "miffed" fits. It implies that she is annoyed, and that is why she speaks sarcastically. There is a humorous aspect to the novel that makes the reader agree with the speaker, because she is understandable.
I would also like to add that, though I do not like poetry, this is my favorite poem I have ever read.

No comments:

Post a Comment